Saving multiple defaults for an output window

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Julie March

Saving multiple defaults for an output window

Post by Julie March »

At a recent 12d updates talk I saw someone demonstrate how you could save multiple defaults (ddfs) for the same window but I can't remember how they did it. When he next opened the window the defaults applied to, two windows popped up instead of 1.

As an example, I have defaults set for file output --> dwg/dxf but I would like to save 2 defaults (1 for plan and 1 for longsection).
Steve Hunter

Post by Steve Hunter »

Is it possible you are referring to a screen layout file instead of a dialog default?

Instead of selecting "default", select "dump".

When you create the second panel for the longsection defaults, select "Append" (as opposed to replace), and you will get the two panels you refer to.

Why are you writing a longsection out to a drawing, instead of plotting direct to a drawing from a ppf?
Julie March

Post by Julie March »

Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I have experimented with 'dump' but when I next open that window the information isn't there. I don't know if there is a way of accessing the screen layout file?

Secondly, where is the 'append' you refered to as I haven't seen it as an option under either dump or defaults.

I often plot to model and then file output a longsection because I can't edit the environment options and this longer process gives me better control over layer names (a previous issue I've posted on the forums). I probably could have used an example of having multiple plans (ie parallel pipes) instead.
Steve Hunter

Post by Steve Hunter »

Under File IO > Layout input, it will list all the screen layout files you have created.

The Replace / Append is only presented when you save a screen layout file to the same name. It basically writes the dialog panel information of the second panel below the first.
Julie March

Post by Julie March »

Success! Thanks for the quick response, dumps were exactly what I was looking for.