Windows 10 and 12d field

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Chad K Ferrett

Windows 10 and 12d field

Post by Chad K Ferrett »

Today my Laptop updated to windows 10, automatically, a couple of hours later my tablet did the same while I was out in the field. Now I cant connect with any instruments,
Has there been any developments with the bluetooth manager on windows 10? what can I do to get back up and running with 12d field,
curios to know if anyone else had the same problem today,
cheers
Chad K Ferrett

Post by Chad K Ferrett »

If this happens to you, backup files and perform a system restore to windows 7, there is an option for this in windows 10,
Luckily it works and I am back connecting to instruments, also my windows updates have been switched to manual they were set to automatic, Whoops :D
Lee Gregory
12d Support

Post by Lee Gregory »

Please make sure no one of your computer's have automatic Windows updates turned on.

Graham in our office has his computer lock itself up for three hours when Microsoft started upgrading his computer.

After it was over he couldn't even play videos and had to fix up all his drivers again.
Alan Gray
Site Admin

Post by Alan Gray »

Many years ago, we learned never to upgrade the OS on a working computer. Better the devil you know.....

Yes Microsoft are really aggressive on this one :(

The trouble with Windows 10 upgrade, is then you probably need to check for updates a number of times, and they have fixes on top of fixes.

Once all that dust settles, then you have to visit sites like NVidia, Intel to get all their fixes for Windows 10. Why, well Microsoft install generic drivers for displays, wireless, bluetooth etc, ignoring what you had installed before the upgrade.

Maybe you had the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack installed, and that now needs updating?