Converting Drainage Strings to Super

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Kyle J Kucharski

Converting Drainage Strings to Super

Post by Kyle J Kucharski »

Hi There,

I'm back again.

I have inherited a project where there is a combination of line string types. 95% of them are Super which is super. But I also have a drainage model that uses the drainage string type that a designer set up.

The problem I am having is when I do a DWG export of all the combined services data, the Drainage type string doesn't want to play nicely. In fact it doesn't appear at all in my output DWG.

To date the only work around I have found is to convert the drainage string to an alignment, then again to a Super (because it won't convert directly) the problem I then have is the RLs aren't retained and it just drops to RL0.00

So I have 2 questions

1. Does anyone know how I can convert from a Drainage String to a Super whilst maintaining the XYZ integrity of the data?

2. Does anyone know how to have the drainage string type output into a DWG?

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Kyle
Lee Gregory
12d Support

Post by Lee Gregory »

DWG does not have any equivalent of a drainage string.
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

You can convert the Drainage strings to Super string conduits (one string per Drainage pipe) via the Drainage Plan Plot (which is more than just a plotter and typically works in 3-D). It has options for the levels of the Super conduits and their justifications.