Image draped on tin - perspective view issues

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Mark Crane

Image draped on tin - perspective view issues

Post by Mark Crane »

Hi There,

This is doing my head in and has been for quite some version of 12d.

Why is my draped image not showing properly in perspective view, as show in the image attached.

What am i doing wrong?

I'm using 12d Version 12C1j, please let me know if i need to provide more info.

[img][img]http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w409/MJCrane/visualisation_zpsmbnxobsz.jpg[/img][/img]

Thanks
Masrk
Mark Crane

Post by Mark Crane »

More info:

All i have done is created a tin, overlayed the image as per "tin render settings", opened up a perspective openGl view, loaded in the tin with image, turn on the shade, and thats what i get.

It changes what is shown on the tin as i pan or zoom in and out or pan around.
If i remove the image overlay, it show the surface properly shaded.
If i keep the image on the Tin and switch the shade off it shows the surface properly as triangles. If i zoom in like this and turn the shade back on it shows whats above.

Very frustrating as it has been like this even in previous versions of v12. The vis dongle is useless to us like this!!!

Mark
Mark Crane

Post by Mark Crane »

Hello,

Can no body help me???

Can you please post if you are having a similar issue?

4 out of the 5 computers here are having the issue, 2 of the computers have been bought recently (4 weeks ago) and are identical in every way but 1 is having the issue, the other is not.

Please help
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

I can't be of much help (as I don't have the vis module), but it would probably be worth sending a copy of your project to support (at) 12d dot com, if it's not too big (or a link from which they can download it). It probably also doesn't help with the post being in the Practise Version section of the forum.

What are the details of the graphics card in those computers? i.e. Model, make, driver versions, etc.
Any error messages relating to OpenGL when you view the data or start 12d (in the Output Window)? When you first open a project, at the very top of the Output Window under Startup, there's usually a few lines like this:
C3D_Device::Create() OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
C3D_Device::Create() OpenGL renderer string: Quadro M1000M/PCIe/SSE2
C3D_Device::Create() OpenGL version string: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.77
C3D_Device::Create() NVIDIA Corporation
But there can be more, depending on the graphics setup.

Is it also safe to assume you've tried this in: a) a totally new view; and b) in a totally new project?
Mark Crane

Post by Mark Crane »

Thanks Matthew,

I have no idea how it got here.

Do you know how i can change its location?

Ta
Alan Gray
Site Admin

Post by Alan Gray »

I can look at the project. It looks small enough. So email it zipped up to

support at 12d dot com

It has to be something specific to the job. Just thinking out aloud, are the missing triangles coloured? Rasters only drape onto triangles of the tin colour. So the colour specified in create/edit a tin.

And if the coloured triangles are coloured such that they end up with a RGB very close to black, that could explain the crazy appearance.