Vertices

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Michael Annetts

Vertices

Post by Michael Annetts »

Hi,

Im trying to find out if 12d offers (Finding a Point by id no)?? :D
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

Yes, if you're doing a string inquire just type the letter p on your keyboard which will bring up a text box with the p (point) character, continue typing the point id you are looking for directly after the p, without any spaces, hit enter and voila, you should find your point.
Michael Annetts

Post by Michael Annetts »

Thank You,

The problem am having, is that when I create a RR file I can see that I have a view null vertices in the perspective view in the field,

Wht I have done to confirm this is exported the entire model out as csv, 'Which shows me I have a couple null vertices', but when I use the Function mentioned previously, 'It state's no point Id found'

Any help on this matter please, I cant use string info, "As it only shows you start & end".
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

What is an RR file?

When you say null vertices, are you trying to locate points with no height on them? If so what do you want to do with them? Give them a height or delete them?

You can't readily access the uid for a point in 12d. The uid is the unique identifier in the internal database which identifies each entity, it is not displayable (that I know of). If you have point numbers or point id's say form a field survey or you have given your data point id's to setout from you should be able to locate it. Without a point id that won't work.

What do you mean it "only shows you start & end"? If you snap to a string which has multiple vertices you can use the left/right arrow keys to work your way along the string from one end to the other.