Longsection plot error

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Jiang Li1

Longsection plot error

Post by Jiang Li1 »

Hi Guys

I have an issue here that I can't seem to resolve. I have a model of super strings which I created from mtf. When I plot the longsection of them in a model plot on a custom paper size (huge) with no pagination, two of the strings only plot part of it. For instants, one of the string has a total length of 85m, the plotted part only starts somewhere say chainage 10 and finish in chainage 47 in the middle of the string, but strangely the plotted chainage in the box starts from 0 - 37. If I plot the same string individually by selecting the string only with the SAME PPF file, it plots perfectly. So I'm guessing there's nothing wrong with the ppf or the string. But why do this string plot only part of it in a model plot , yet plots perfect if selecting individually with the same ppf?

thanks
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

Do any of the strings in your model have duplicate names? If so, when plotting the model of strings, the duplicates will be missing, and the plot of the string you think you have, may be for another string.
Jiang Li1

Post by Jiang Li1 »

Hi Owen

Thanks!! Nope, they all have different names. That was my first thought as well. but I checked it. It's probably hard to figure out what I have done wrong without looking at it. Do you have an email I can zip the project to you? :)

Cheers
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

Feel free to email the zip, using the email button at the bottom of my posts.
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

Resolved. A sneaky duplicate that was hiding underneath another string.