Perspective OpenGL - cursor tracking??

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
adam buttress

Perspective OpenGL - cursor tracking??

Post by adam buttress »

hi,
when I open a model in this view, the the cursor tracks all over it as I use the mouse. How do I toggle this off???
driving me crazy.
na
Alan Gray
Site Admin

Post by Alan Gray »

Do you mean crosses are left behind like a cookie trail?

Which version of 12d Model?
adam buttress

Post by adam buttress »

I am using v12.00.
the cursor leaves very small 'x' across the screen. while models and strings can be added to the view, the shade function also does not work.

ffels like its crashing or the PC cannot process the shade function so locks everything else up. No warnings in the output window or background tasks..??
na
Aaron Davies

Cursor tracking and general graphics issues.

Post by Aaron Davies »

Cursor tracking

We are having all sorts of problem with this type of graphical issue as well. Cursor crosses staying on screen in plan and section views, lines disappearing visually from view when picking etc etc. Very frustrating. Version 12C1j seemed to be worse. GDI_threaded plan views seem to fix some of the issues however sections views are still suffering. We run Windows 7 with Nvidia K600 graphics cards. Any env setting that may help???
A Davies
Alan Gray
Site Admin

Post by Alan Gray »

Arron, can you send a test project with your env.4d or env config.

And a sequence on how to reproduce the issue?

V12C1j has so many fixed over original V12 release. Until now every report I have received has said C1j is the most improved.

I am happy to look at your case.
Aaron Davies

Post by Aaron Davies »

Hi Alan,

I have solved a few of the issues. I deleted all of my views as some would have been created in V11 maybe even V10 and recreated them as GDI_threaded. This has fixed the cursor tracking issue.
I also think that the nvidia Quadro k600 graphics card which is a 1gb card is not fast enough as I opened the project on a computer with a 2gb card (Quadro k620) and everything seemed fine.

So we are looking at upgrading our graphics cards in the short term as we don't want to shift to Windows 10. What is the minimum RAM you would recommend?

Thanks
Aaron
A Davies