PNG Raster background transparency

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Jordan Mandery

PNG Raster background transparency

Post by Jordan Mandery »

Hello,

I have a orthophoto exported from Agisoft as a PNG with background transparency, I have not issues with the PNG in Autocad setting the background to transparent.
does 12d have this functionality? as i want to drape the raster over the TIN?
Last edited by Jordan Mandery on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seb Woodland

Post by Seb Woodland »

When you import the raster (or edit after input) to have a transparency, this is called blend and is a scale from 0 to 1.

The image is not necessarily draped to the tin via traditional tin drapes, rather it is applied as a visualisation feature.

View > Visualisation > Tin Render Settings > "Drape Rasters" (Select Model of rasters)

This can then be viewed in an Perspective OpenGL View with just the tin added to the view. The transparency can be controlled by the "Blending" of the tin render settings too.

In plan view it is merely controlled by model order. Try, View > Send Tin/Rasters to Back.
Image 12d Version 14.0C2m / 15.0C1j | Win 10 Enterprise | 64bit
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

Seb, I think Jordan is after the ability to set the "background" (i.e. non image bits) transparent so they don't display. I think the blending applies transparency across the whole image (image and non-image bits). I haven't tried it, though, so could be wrong on how the blending works.
Jordan Mandery

Post by Jordan Mandery »

Yea Mathew, correct, i've tried blending, that set the transparency for the entire image, not just the "background" (i.e. non image bits).
Ill host the image else ware you will see what i mean by the black sections of the raster that shouldn't be visible.