chainages to an alignment

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
shaun jeneke

chainages to an alignment

Post by shaun jeneke »

how do i put chainages on an alignment?
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

Shaun,
You probably need to be a little more specific when you pose a question. If you've created an alignment it should already have chainages applied. Do you want to edit the start chainage or apply a chainage to a particular point or label the chainages or produce a plot displaying the chainages?
shaun jeneke

Post by shaun jeneke »

i converted a string to an alignment. I want to add chainages along the "string".
Thanks
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

If you have an alignment string then pull up the string editor either by pressing F6 or by selecting Strings=>Editor from the menu. Select your alignment string and accept it. You will be presented with a menu of options for Alignment Edit. Hover your mouse/cursor over Utilities in the menu then walk right over the arrow, choose Start Chainage and edit to suit.
shaun jeneke

Post by shaun jeneke »

will try that out. thanks
Lucien West

Post by Lucien West »

To display chainages along an alignment string, goto menu
Strings->Label->Chainages or Chainages (function).
darren mckimm

Post by darren mckimm »

shaun.

you should invest some time learning to use super alignments. chainages are displayed dynamically and you can set up different styles for differrent situations.
alignment is OK, but as long as you recalc the chainages each time any modifications are carried out.

handy part of super alignment chainages is that crest / sag points are displayed at all times (depending on how the chainage style is set up)

learning this will save you heaps of time and remove the need to create seperate models of chainage text and recalcing.

also when designing, if the chainages disappear, you know straight away that the alignment is not solved mathmatically.

hope it helps.

daz
Mirza Halilovic

Post by Mirza Halilovic »

I cant seem to figure out how to have IP z heights show up as part of SA labelling styles? Is there a way to do it? If so how!?

Wouldve thought it be easier. Also thought the default 'vertical' style wouldve handled it alas i cant see a way to do it.