How to import AutoCAD countur dwg into 12d?

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Kadar Kurniadi

How to import AutoCAD countur dwg into 12d?

Post by Kadar Kurniadi »

Hi,

I'm new user 12d model,

I'm familliar with AutoCAD software, but I installed 12d model on my computer to help my team at office.

So, Could you do me a favour please? How to import AutoCAD countur dwg into 12d, and processing it?
thanks very much every body there..

Regards.
Mark Clews

Post by Mark Clews »

First open the Tins menu, navigate to the Contours flyout and click "Contour Smooth and Label" (this methodology is normally shortened to 'click "Tins>Contours>"Contour Smooth and Label"). Fill out the data boxes with model names, increments, line names and colours for the first two tabs. Fill out the Model name, label position, decimal places and text style for the fourth tab. Then press process and Finish. Clear a plan window of all models and then add the new models created by "Contour Smooth and Label". Click on File I/O>File Output>DWG/DXF/DXB and fill out the data box. Select the view that your models are in, a relevant file name and the autocad version you want.

In addition consider modifying the acadmf file so that the names you use for the incremental and bold contours translate to preset layers in autocad with colour by layer and lines bylayer ticked. Also consider having a base dwt file to work to.

#EDIT# Sorry, I read the query, back to front :oops: with regards translating package to package.
Last edited by Mark Clews on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M.Clews
CAD/12D Technical Manager
Lee Gregory
12d Support

Post by Lee Gregory »

Have you read your AutoCAD drawing into 12d using the option

File I/O =>Input =>DWG/DXF/DXB ?
DAVE BARKER

Importing 3d contour files into 12D

Post by DAVE BARKER »

When you use the IO DXF(dwg) 12D will create 3D strings of all your contours. (there is even an option to move your text to a 3d level in miscellaneous). Once you have brought in the data you simply go to the Tins menu,Create tin, and pick your selected data Window option is the easiest, but insure that the Preserve Strings option is ticked.
This will create a 3d triangulation file which you can then do a quick contour on, volumes with. It has work very well. To set your contour interval to match your original Acad contours go into plan view button-settings-tins-contour interval. If they overlay onto pf your original your good to go :wink:
Kadar Kurniadi

thanks Guys

Post by Kadar Kurniadi »

Thank you all, I've been found the good way about this.

Regards :
D
Faqeer onlinee

Post by Faqeer onlinee »

Once you have brought in the data you simply go to the Tins menu,Create tin, and pick your selected data Window option is the easiest, but insure that the Preserve Strings option is ticked. ????
Stuart Hamilton

Post by Stuart Hamilton »

Are you able to get the triangles that build the contours in AutoCAD or are they just polylines with elevations representing the contours.

If you are able to get the triangles with the levels on them you will get a better resultant tin in 12d.