Plotting with Gridlines and Labels - font size for labels

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Sinead Kelly

Plotting with Gridlines and Labels - font size for labels

Post by Sinead Kelly »

Hi there, first time poster here so I'm bracing myself for a hearty "you're in the wrong section!" but here goes:

Just trying to plot a view to PDF. The view has gridlines and labels for eastings/northing on the screen which I can make into a nice small font. However, when I go to plot the screen to PDF - the resultant pdf still has a massive font size.

Any help with changing the output font size would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sinead :)
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

You're in the wrong section.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Have a look at your text style particularly the units to see if they are world style or paper style. Paper style will plot a certain size on the page regardless of your plot scale, so 5mm will always plot at 5mm. World style on the other hand are in the same units as your data and therefore scale up and down with your plot scale.
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

The panel that controls the appearance for the grid, has settings for the text size in pixels (for on screen) and in mm (for on paper/PDF). You'll need to set both.

(I can only seem to get the easting and northing text labels from the view's standard grid, plotting in font "1", no matter what I set on the view.)
Sinead Kelly

Post by Sinead Kelly »

Excellent - that's done it!

Thank you Bernard and Owen! I knew it had to be staring me in the face :)