V10 Tin Problem/Glitch

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Ashley Flower

V10 Tin Problem/Glitch

Post by Ashley Flower »

I have done this many times before in previous versions and never had this problem, so I think it's a glitch.

I have created a road surface tin, and then a median tin. Then a supertin to add them together. This all works fine like normal. However, once I have added it all to my chain, then run it from start to finish, the Median Tin Function loses all of its nulling data. i.e. Angle, length etc. all show nothing.

As a result, it only tins the median kerb and not the top. Anyone else had this problem?
Ashley Flower
Senior Civil Designer

ashley.flower@
blightanner.com.au
Lucien West

Post by Lucien West »

Need info on how you are creating the tins, don't think it has anything to do with the chain.

Seems like you are creating the tin using the options within the apply many function. The Apply many uses the overall polygon to null the tin surface, and will also recreate the tin so therefore clearing any null setting you apply afterwards via tins edit.

Something to try would be to add an additional model to the appy many tin area.... maybe even try someting with null hieghts.....

or disable the apply many functions tin and just use the chain to recalc tin.
Ashley Flower

Post by Ashley Flower »

No the 2 tin functions are separate. That is to say not included in any apply many function. The road surface tin has been functioning correctly for months. The Median tin function is new, but also works fine when run on its own. Its when the chain runs, that it changes the median tin paramaters.

I should have also noted, that in the chain, after each tin function, there are some null by polygon functions.
Ashley Flower
Senior Civil Designer

ashley.flower@
blightanner.com.au
Alan Gray
Site Admin

Post by Alan Gray »

If it is a chain, and it is reproducible, we can have a look.