Box Culverts

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Lee Wade

Box Culverts

Post by Lee Wade »

Hi, I am an engineering surveyor trying to get a rectangular box culvert to display as a rectangular pipe end in 12d V10. We have a mapping file which will size a pipe based on a code/string/pipe dia e.g. INV600+1*I0.6 (for 600 pipe) and I want to do the same with box culverts with width and height and have them display with rectangular ends?? Has anyone come across this?

thank you
Philip Davies

Post by Philip Davies »

Rather than using long and convoluted codes in the field, you would be better off using attributes, for the diameter or width and height of the strings. You can then use these attributes in your mapping file to set either the diameter or the width and height. You can also do the same thing with the justification, which I think is also in your code.

What instruments are you using?

I can send you a sample mapfile which has these setup if you want to go down that track.....
Lee Wade

Post by Lee Wade »

Hi, thanks for the reply.

We are using Sokkia instruments.

The code has the INV600+ so it will put this text on the screen (INV600) as a label when reduced. But I am a newbie to this so may need some instruction on the attributes etc.

Yes please send me an example of this and could you please direct me to documentation for this maybe??

thank you.

Lee