Tin Colour Change with depth

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Kieran Woods

Tin Colour Change with depth

Post by Kieran Woods »

I have created a series of TINs.

I am aiming to create a smooth colour change with depth on the TIN to help visualize the change in volumes.

Under the function "Tin height with colour", this looks possible, but a range file is needed.

Is there any guidance on how to create a range file?

or any other means of creating this output?

Regards.
Steve Hunter

Post by Steve Hunter »

Hi Kieran

If you click on the folder icon by the range file field in the "Tin Height with Colour" panel, then select [Open], a blank range file will open for you to fill your values into.

The file itself is pretty simple in content - If you save the code below to a hrf file, you will get an example height range file

Code: Select all

50   55   "red 088"     
45   50   red           
40   45   orange        
35   40   yellow        
30   35   green         
25   30   blue          
20   25   cyan          
15   20   magenta       
10   15   "magenta 088" 
The easiest way to create a smooth colour change in any range file is by populating the colour column by range:

...saying all that, you are probably more after Tins > Tin Analysis > Depth Range Polygons, which gives you the level difference between two tins, rather than the height/elevation of a single tin (which is what the Tin Height Colour does).

The option below the Tin Height Colour command (Tins Depth Colour) does the same as Depth Range Polygons, but you wind up with a lot of coloured little triangle faces, instead of filled polygons of the same colour range - this exports out to AutoCAD far better as well.

The range file process is identical for Depth Range Files, as it is for Height Range files (different file extensions, and depths instead of heights/elevations)
Kieran Woods

Post by Kieran Woods »

Hi,

Thanks for that, I have it working now.

I have done this by manually entering the code. Do you know how I am able to open the "Height range file" tab to populate the colour column?
Kieran Woods

Post by Kieran Woods »

Thanks, found the tab.
alicia rohail

Post by alicia rohail »

Microsoft Corp. said Wednesday it will release a major package of updates and fixes for the Windows Vista operating system in the first half of 2008.
ALICIAROHAIL
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

Que?