Input new data from cad file

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Thuy Vu Phuong

Input new data from cad file

Post by Thuy Vu Phuong »

I don't want to see function read data automatic appear when I input data from cad file so I turn off it. But if it turn off, when I input data from cad file, 12d only appear a new plan have no model on. How can to make model in cad file turn on in new plan when input data from cad file?
Steve Hunter

Post by Steve Hunter »

The two are linked - 12D uses the data contained in the read function to display it in a view (to show you what you read in).

You may find it simpler to keep the read function enabled, but set an actual view for the data to be shown in (something like Preview Data Import), so you don't keep getting random new views appearing (which is why most users want to disable the read function in the first place.

Your only other alternative is to add a prefix of something like IMPORT * to your import process, then you can add all models starting with IMPORT to a view.

...but that's an awful workaround...
Thuy Vu Phuong

Post by Thuy Vu Phuong »

Thanks for your answer Steve.
- I tried do as first way choose "add to named view" but when input only new plan creat, no model turn on in this view (I don't tick in "Use anonymous functions for files inputs" because i don't want function read data appear. If tick in this, model will automatic appear in new plan)
- The second way is OK but I still find how to do as first way.
If you know please tell me. Thanks alots
Steve Hunter

Post by Steve Hunter »

You have to have the "use anonymous functions for file inputs" ticked (a grey tick like in my screen grab, means it is turned on by default), to get imported data to automatically be added to a view. Untick it, and you will not get any model data added to the view.

Why do you not want a read function generated? You can always delete it afterwards if you treat it as a temporary step (as long as you don't tick "clean function strings").

When we read data into 12D, we will actually rename the Anonymous function to something sensible like Read CAD DWG Cadastral Data, and use that in a chain, to be able to update the model data if there is a change in the source file. Another benefit of anonymous functions (or Read Functions, which sounds better), is you can do an "edit function" pick on a string in the model, and the function opens up to show you where the information came from.

So there is definite benefits to using the Read Functions (besides just the adding of cad file models to a view)
Thuy Vu Phuong

Post by Thuy Vu Phuong »

OK. Thank you so much :D
sami789 sami789

Mohsin

Post by sami789 sami789 »

I tried do as first way choose "add to named view" but when input only new plan creat, no model turn on in this view (I don't tick in "Use anonymous functions for files inputs" because i don't want function read data appear. If tick in this, model will automatic appear in new plan)