Project Locked

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Randall Trites

Project Locked

Post by Randall Trites »

My computer crashed while in a 12d project. When I go back to the project after restarting, the project folder is locked. Is there anyway to override this lock or is there a time limit on the lockout?
Randall
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

Have you tried opening it? Projects often have the lock symbol shown in the startup panel but aren't in fact locked at all.
Randall Trites

Post by Randall Trites »

Yes, I tried opening it, no luck.......but after a bit of a wait the lock was removed. There seems to be a time limit but I'm not sure exactly how long it is.

Thanks for the reply.
Randall
Scott McKinnon

Post by Scott McKinnon »

There's also a lock.4d file within the project folders that you can delete to free it up.
12d Version: 14.0C2j
Lee Gregory
12d Support

Post by Lee Gregory »

The project will have a locked flag when someone else is in the project OR if there was a crash and the project lock file was left.

BUT when you try and open a locked project, 12d checks to see if there is still anyone currently using it and if not, then it tries to delete the project lock file and it that can be done, 12d allows you to go into the project.

So the project is locked but 12d does an automatic lock clean up for you.

However, if for some reason 12d can't delete the project locked file (eg it doesn't have permission to do so) then that is when you have to manually delete the project locked file.