culdesac design

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Mat Win

culdesac design

Post by Mat Win »

hello

how do you create a culdesac without the kerb sections at the sides..as i have a road with no footpaths which finish at the back of kerb

any help would be great

cheers mat
Eddie Gould

Post by Eddie Gould »

Are you talking about the batter? If so then find that under

Design => Templates => Templates edit
=> Select template
=> Select Final cut/fill values and put them on 0 and a slope width of 0 to remove.

You can upload images to Dropbox, Imageshack etc.

Mat Win

Post by Mat Win »

Hi Eddie

No i dont think it is the batters see image attached

https://imageshack.com/i/pak9z0v3p
Eddie Gould

Post by Eddie Gould »

Design => MTF => Edit => Select the MTF you used in your road design

In the MTF Edit panel for that MTF you now want to go Modifiers => Left side

In there we want to add a Fixed => Remove => Leave fixed/remove number

The start point at which to remove the (straight part of the alignment) kerb strings will be the chainage at which the cul de sac kerb starts (i.e. CH 00 in the image below). Removing 10 links is an arbitrary number I use which will work unless you have more than 10 links/codes in your template.

Then do the same for MTF edit right side of the alignment to remove the right strings. This method is assuming that you have a separate alignment for the kerb return that forms the cul de sac head itself.

The other way of doing it is that you could (in the MTF edits panels again) go Templates => Left side and stop your road template at the point at which the kerb return template for the cul de sac head starts.

If you want to put kerb and gutter around the cul de sac head then you should run a second kerb and gutter only template around the cul de sac head alignment (i.e. no road pavement link/code in the template) and on one side of the alignment only.

Let me know if you need more details or if this wasn't what you were trying to achieve.

Mat Win

Post by Mat Win »

Eddie Gould wrote:Design => MTF => Edit => Select the MTF you used in your road design

In the MTF Edit panel for that MTF you now want to go Modifiers => Left side

In there we want to add a Fixed => Remove => Leave fixed/remove number

The start point at which to remove the (straight part of the alignment) kerb strings will be the chainage at which the cul de sac kerb starts (i.e. CH 00 in the image below). Removing 10 links is an arbitrary number I use which will work unless you have more than 10 links/codes in your template.

Then do the same for MTF edit right side of the alignment to remove the right strings. This method is assuming that you have a separate alignment for the kerb return that forms the cul de sac head itself.

The other way of doing it is that you could (in the MTF edits panels again) go Templates => Left side and stop your road template at the point at which the kerb return template for the cul de sac head starts.

If you want to put kerb and gutter around the cul de sac head then you should run a second kerb and gutter only template around the cul de sac head alignment (i.e. no road pavement link/code in the template) and on one side of the alignment only.

Let me know if you need more details or if this wasn't what you were trying to achieve.

this is the screen dump see what i mean