Naming Cut and Fill from Templates

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Simon Waters

Naming Cut and Fill from Templates

Post by Simon Waters »

When using the Final Cut/Fill box in a template file I am wanting 12D to name the cut and fill interfaces based upon the situation (whether cut or fill).

For example, I am wanting the fill strings to be labelled "intF" and the cut strings to be labelled "intC" so that when I export the strings to cad using the template and mapfile that I have created it will separate the cut and fill strings to the different layers I have set up in the cad template.

Where would I set this up or "code" this into 12D? If anyone can help me out?

Cheers.
paul hardwick

Post by paul hardwick »

Can you export to CAD from the practice version?
Sean McLeod

Post by Sean McLeod »

I Don't think you can if using final cut/fill. You would be able to using a decisional template ie if in cut then insert intC batter if in fill insert intF batter.
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

You could setup a chain that has 2 steps. Both steps would use Utilities->A-G->Change using the filter mode of the source box to filter the interface strings by colour. E.g. 1st step filters for red cut strings, 2nd step filters for green fill strings (assuming defaults). You could rename the strings or move them to different models entirely.

You could take that an extra step and add a chain prompt to prompt the user for the model of interface strings to process using chain parameters.

You could also look at some of the fancier new features in V11 MTF, which could also achieve what you're after (e.g. snippets).