Copying Multiple TINS into new Project

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Kyle J Kucharski

Copying Multiple TINS into new Project

Post by Kyle J Kucharski »

Hi,

My site has about 8 different TINS that come together to make a supertin.

My question is that I want to know how to copy in more than 1 tin at a time when setting up a new project? I can only seem to find a way to import them each individually, 1 by 1.

I have used the work-around of copying and pasting between .project folders within explorer but would like to find a way to standardize this process within a chain. Do I need to create a separate chain link for each tin? Or is there another way?

Regards,
Kyle
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

Do you need to copy them in to edit them or are they just to reference? Could you share them? Set them up to share from the master file and then in your sub-project you can select all the ones you want to add at one time.
Phil Davies

Post by Phil Davies »

I wouldn't be copying and pasting in explorer. Although this is a new project so it is not likely to cause issue, you may find that if you did already have data in the project, the project id's are likely to get mixed up and you could completely screw your project.

You could however, share the tins as Bernard mentioned. Or, you can write them all to a 12da (8 tins first, then merge the super tin into the same file separately). Or you can use the 12 copy and paste to copy from one to the other.