SA Labels exported to DWG

Standard Library files for 12d Model
Graeme Winfield

SA Labels exported to DWG

Post by Graeme Winfield »

As part of the PW naming convention that will be shipped with V14, there are 2 files that can be used to output the SA Labels to dwg.
PW_DESIGN_export.acadmf and PW_DESIGN_export.dwt

In order for the SA Labels to be mapped correctly to dwg layers, there will need to be some additions created in various setup files.

Calling on all interested parties to provide input on what is needed?

The current process is discussed here (and in other posts)
viewtopic.php?t=7516

My understanding is that the drafting control in dwg is by layer. How colour and linetype are controlled is by the layer and the entity has these properties set to "bylayer".
Is this the case for the reference string symbols and text?

There are at least 24 tangent types that can be mapped that have a symbol and some text. There is also the linework of the geometry.
In simple terms
- Linework
- Symbols
- Text

I don't know of any extra requirements for the linework other than outputting as 2d to get the proper geometry (HG arcs and line only).
Does the linework need anything extra?
12d String Name "RS*" goes to dwg layer "Reference String"

Currently, the symbol and text for each of the 24 tangent types can be mapped to separate layers per tangent type but the symbol and text are on the same layer.
It may be required that the symbols are one colour and the text is another.
Also, some text may have a different colour to some other text.
In the current form, the colour for the text could be set as "bylayer" to get various colours and the symbol to "byblock" so that they are always, as an example, white.

Have I explained this enough?
Do you see something I have missed?
Please reply with what is required in dwg without any post-processing.
Ed Wilson

Post by Ed Wilson »

"PW"?

Increasingly I am required to output to a layer containing the control name so RSED01 to "Reference String RSED01" or MC10 to "MasterControl MC10" and then the text and linework are separated again

The other thing I had asked very poorly for at https://beta.12dmodel.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11977 is that the paperspace text needs a text_offset factor or floor value (in astyles) to be applied when the scale changes from say 1:500 - 1:2000
Was so poorly articulated I took it back but not got back to fix up the request

Papertext to annotative text? See https://beta.12dmodel.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9567
Graeme Winfield

Ed Wilson wrote:"PW"?
viewtopic.php?t=11164
Ed Wilson wrote:Increasingly I am required to output to a layer containing the control name so RSED01 to "Reference String RSED01" or MC10 to "MasterControl MC10" and then the text and linework are separated again
Does the map file have "MC10", "MC20", "MC30", etc but the symbol and text is put on another layer, not "MasterControl MC10"?
Is this undesirable?
Ed Wilson wrote:The other thing I had asked very poorly for at https://beta.12dmodel.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11977 is that the paperspace text needs a text_offset factor or floor value (in astyles) to be applied when the scale changes from say 1:500 - 1:2000
Is this to maintain an offset of say 10m, the text size changes to suit the scale but always 10m from the linework?
Once in dwg, the text has an insertion point for the text rather than at the symbol. If it was always output at the same scale. Then the scale changed in dwg, would that work?
I guess you still need to process the text in dwg...
Ed Wilson

Post by Ed Wilson »

This will be waay easier face to face
Graeme Winfield

Can you provide a sample dwg of what you get from 12d, along with the setup to create it (astyles, map files, dwt, etc)?
Also, a dwg of the same data, as you would like it to be all done and dusted.
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

I have recently been re-visiting an old macro of mine, in an attempt to make it suitable for inclusion in the standard menu of V14 ...

The macro panel will take a standard data source-box of Super Alignments and produce fully exploded SA styles, in a series of output model names matching:

<output model prefix> <SA name>

eg:
LABEL CH RS01
LABEL CH RS02

etc

Inside each output model, the elements will be as follows:

A Super string of the 2-D HG of the SA, named:
<SA name> HG

Super string symbols of all the symbols, individually named:
<SA name> SY <symbol colour> <symbol name>

Super string text of all the text, individually named:
<SA name> TX <text colour> DX<text offset>

eg:
RS01 HG
RS01 SY white PLine
RS01 SY yellow PLine
RS01 SY yellow PTLine
RS01 SY yellow PDumbbell
RS01 TX cyan DX1.00
RS01 TX white DX0.00
RS01 TX white DX10.00
RS01 TX yellow DX20.00

By exporting these output models to Acad (and not the original SA strings), this should allow complete control in the mapping, without any post-processing in Acad.

In addition, all the text will have their text offsets interpreted in world units, and multiplied by a specified Text offset factor from the proposed panel. For example, if the (paperscale) text is given an offset of -10mm in the SA style, and the Text offset factor is 2.0, the text vertex will be translated -20 metres along the text angle direction and its text offset will be reset to zero. (This would be suitable for a road that was never more than 20 metres wide on the LHS.)

The output models will be cleaned beforehand as an option.