Update 12D Practise for training purposes during Self-isolation

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Mark Clews

Update 12D Practise for training purposes during Self-isolation

Post by Mark Clews »

The current version of 12D Model has a lot of new capabilities since v9. I suggest it would be useful for training a large number of junior Engineers and Designers who don't have enough work and are self-isolating, without using up a Dongle. Given that the current Practise Version is v9 I think it's overdue for an update.

Of course my cynical side tells me that by the time your programmers have revised v14, or even v12, down to a 20k training system, all the need for Covid self-isolation will be under control and it wouldn't be useful anymore....
M.Clews
CAD/12D Technical Manager
Lee Gregory
12d Support

Re: Update 12D Practise for training purposes during Self-isolation

Post by Lee Gregory »

I hope the COVID-19 is long gone before then.

But any "Junior Engineers and Designers" who don't have enough work and are self-isolating and would like to do some self-training and practice at home, should contact us on info@12d.com so we can look at helping them out.

We will even help Senior Engineers :)
Mark Clews

Post by Mark Clews »

Heh!

It's no so much training I'm thinking of, but practising what they've trained. Even if they go and do training/webinars with 12D during this period they may lose what they learn unless they practise.

As far as this pandemic is concerned I believe that, even if they had a possible vaccine that will be effective, it will take months to test and then produce enough.

I've already pushed the original requestor at your youtube training videos and webinars. I'll probably do so for the rest of the company too. They are invaluable however I don't think v9 had the parts system as well-developed, if it had it at all, which is why I'd like to see a newer practise version available, because our company uses the parts system for everything.
M.Clews
CAD/12D Technical Manager
Lee Gregory
12d Support

Post by Lee Gregory »

Sorry I was using the word "training" to cover practice as well.
I've modified my post.