MTF modifiers is there a number limit

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Scott Brownjohn3

MTF modifiers is there a number limit

Post by Scott Brownjohn3 »

I'm preparing a 36km long road and need to know if there is a limit to the number of modifiers able to be created.

I first created "Fixed Insert Full Template" 99 left and right.
this seemed to work fine

Then started to create "Modify Link" of which there are 275 left and right.
after the modify link was added the templates seem to work but not the modify link

So is there a maximum number?
Matthew Monk

Re: MTF modifiers is there a number limit

Post by Matthew Monk »

I don't think there's a hard limit to the number of modifiers. If there is, it's much more than 275. I've had around 900 modifiers in one side of one MTF.

I think there used to be a limit of 100 points per section in earlier versions of 12d Model, but I thought that was increased/removed.

Are you getting any error messages (output window or pop-up)? Have you tried the template on a short section with just 1 modifier? That might help narrow down the problem. I notice you've posted this in the Practice Version section of the forum. Are you using the Practice Version of 12d Model? Do you have the Alignments module?
Scott Brownjohn3

Post by Scott Brownjohn3 »

Thanks for the info, sorry didn't notice that i had put this in the practice section.

I'm running tests on smaller sections eg 10km of road and its working. less than 99 modifiers per side.

I may just keep adding groups of 20 modifiers, at a time to see if there is a magic number where it fails if it fails.
Michael Gunter

Post by Michael Gunter »

There are no limits to the number of modifiers, I've seen snippets alone with 1000+. :shock:

There used to be a limit of 100 links per side, this was bumped to 400 due to Mr. Monk modelling complex tunnels in the apply many.

This consequently meant bringing forward the big MTF speedups and reduction of disk space usage from V15 to V14.