IFC Export to Navisworks

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Ray Hussain

IFC Export to Navisworks

Post by Ray Hussain »

Hi all.

I am trying to do an export from a 12d model containing 12d pipe information to Navisworks. I have tried many different methods for the export, and each time it drops the data in at the correct XY values, however the heights are incorrect. Navisworks shows the pipes at the correct position, with the correct pipe diameters and colours, however the heights of the pipes do not match the heights that were exported.

I am not sure if this is due to settings either through 12d export or the Navisworks import. If anyone has had these issues or knows how to overcome it that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Rodney Burns

Re: IFC Export to Navisworks

Post by Rodney Burns »

Hi Ray,
You might be better to email support with a small sample of your data (via 12daz file) and provide a SLX file of the panel you have used to write out your IFC data. If you haven't produced an SLX file before? here's some help (https://12dwiki.com.au/screen-layout-files-slx/).

Questions I would be asking.
- What version of 12d are you using?
- What Version of Navisworks is the file being loaded into?
- What IFC version did you select? (IFC4, IFC4X1, IFC2X3)
- What type of data are you exporting? Drainage strings or superstrings with diameters? - If Drainage strings, check out the help about the "Output drainage as IFCSYSTEM"

Regards,
Rod
Extra Dimension Solutions (www.exds.com.au)
12d Model Technical Support (NSW, ACT and SA) (www.12dwiki.com.au) (www.12dmodeltraining.com.au)
Graeme Winfield

Post by Graeme Winfield »

I just had the same question from a customer. The IFC file is correct in BIM Vision and when read back into 12d Model.
Customer wrote:Thank you very much for your time on the phone earlier. We have since worked out the issue, which is at the import process into Navisworks, and not in the export from 12d. It is all sorted.
I can ask him for more info if needed.
Dolores Hatfield

Post by Dolores Hatfield »

Rodney Burns wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:35 am Hi Ray,
You might be better to email support with a small sample of your data (via 12daz file) and provide a SLX file of the panel you have used to write out your IFC data. If you haven't produced an SLX file before? here's some help (https://www.google.ps/url?sa=t&url=http ... es123.army).

Questions I would be asking.
- What version of 12d are you using?
- What Version of Navisworks is the file being loaded into?
- What IFC version did you select? (IFC4, IFC4X1, IFC2X3)
- What type of data are you exporting? Drainage strings or superstrings with diameters? - If Drainage strings, check out the help about the "Output drainage as IFCSYSTEM"

Regards,
Rod
Thanks for the help, I was actually looking how to make the support tickets for the same case.