12D snippet Clip Library

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Bayne Maher

12D snippet Clip Library

Post by Bayne Maher »

Hi,

Just going through the 12d snippet training and was wondering if the snippet clip library and 12d snippet language was something that was available to download.
New to the coding side of things and want to make it as easy as possible, also to look visually clean as per the training vid.

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Bayne Maher

Re: 12D snippet Clip Library

Post by Bayne Maher »

Also when following the training vid to the letter, i seem to get errors as soon as i add in the parameters, snippet interface looks right but the output window throws up error:parse error and a line and column, that i cant make sense of
Lucien West

Post by Lucien West »

This might be the formatting highlighter
https://www.advanced12d.com/mtf-snippet ... hlighting/
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

Bayne Maher wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:16 am Also when following the training vid to the letter, i seem to get errors as soon as i add in the parameters, snippet interface looks right but the output window throws up error:parse error and a line and column, that i cant make sense of
What version of 12d Model are you running? There are various MTF snippets shipped with 12d Model and they are available in the Library (under C:\Program Files\12d\12dmodel\......\Library). If you post the error message and a (small) sample of the snippet you're trying, we might be able to help.
Bayne Maher

Post by Bayne Maher »

Hi Mathew,

Running V14C2h, I have access to the default snippets also local authority ones, but I want to create one specific for some sports work i do.
I can add kerb, footpath drain, snippets together but thought I would have a go at creating one that encompasses the 3 elements in 1 snippet, that have some parameters, footpath width xfall, ect.

A very simple one (i thought) that worked ok until i added the parameters..
Bayne Maher

Post by Bayne Maher »

This is the snippet, the parse error gives a line and col, -"named position"

// Footpath
// PARAMETER WIDTH REAL "Footpath width" 1.000 OPTIONAL
// PARAMETER XFALL REAL "Footpath xfall" -2.5 OPTIONAL
// PARAMETER HEIGHT REAL "Footpath height" unknown OPTIONAL

// Edge Strip
insert "Design=>EF" "vis grass4" 0.000 0.000 unknown $(_SCH) 0 $(_ECH) 0 absolute extra_start extra_end
insert "Design=>KT" "shade 32" 0.001 $(HEIGHT) unknown $(_SCH) 0 $(_ECH) 0 absolute extra_start extra_end
insert "Design=>KB" "shade 32" $(WIDTH) 0.000 unknown $(_SCH) 0 $(_ECH) 0 absolute extra_start extra_end
insert "Design=>FP" "vis grass1" 0.001 $(HEIGHT) unknown $(_SCH) 0 $(_ECH) 0 absolute extra_start extra_end
// Add Path with Spoon Drain
insert "Design=>SF" "vis concrete3" $(WIDTH) unknown $(XFALL) $(_SCH) 0 $(_ECH) 0 absolute extra_start extra_end
insert "Design=>SI" "vis concrete3" 0.300 -0.040 unknown $(_SCH) 0 $(_ECH) 0 absolute extra_start extra_end
insert "Design=>SB" "vis concrete1" 0.300 0.040 unknown $(_SCH) 0 $(_ECH) 0 absolute extra_start extra_end
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

Bayne Maher wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:36 am // PARAMETER HEIGHT REAL "Footpath height" unknown OPTIONAL
Change the unknown bit to 0.0 or a valid Real value.

Code: Select all

// PARAMETER HEIGHT REAL "Footpath height" 0.0 OPTIONAL
unknown is a keyword in the MTF modifier command. 12d is using a Real_Box field (that's what the REAL part of the parameter definition does) and populate it with the value. However, "unknown" isn't a valid real value. I'd have expected null to work, but it doesn't seem to.
Michael Gunter

Post by Michael Gunter »

Those parameters cannot be optional either.