Lost Panels

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Nichola Wallace

Lost Panels

Post by Nichola Wallace »

I'm working with several screens and had a computer problem (who doesn't). When the screens came back on my 12d job was all over the place with panels on different screens from before. Some panels aren't on any screens. How do I find them when an mtf panel and a string editing panel are no longer on any screen but need to be closed to shut down the job?
Nichola
Lucien West

Re: Lost Panels

Post by Lucien West »

Can try changing you screen resolutions. Operating system may force toolbar back into one of the screens.
Can also try rearranging your your displays in "Display Settings". ie move screen 2 to the wrong position and hit apply. Again operating system may force toolbar back into one of the screens.
Nichola Wallace

I tried changing the resolution on one of the screens but didn't find any more panels (it was the screen to where most of the panels had migrated). In the end I saved a few times then shut down the computer. Didn't lose too much.
Nichola
Ed Wilson

Post by Ed Wilson »

Short answer: delete file mtf_panel_sizes.4d

More dets: every time you use [Finish] to close any panel from the MTF EDITOR the screen size & position is writ to that file as a helper, logic being, if you wanted that panel size/position last time, you probably want it again next time. the logic is sound until you change machines/with different monitor configurations

If its not specific to mtf panels? Any panel can be saved to a similar "defaults" file. Called .DDX - When a panel is called, the "system" is searched for a matching panel DDX file. If it is found it will be used. That file can / does contain the screen position on WHERE to launch/display.

Its a great April fools day prank - never get tired of setting panles to screen position to -100 -100 :roll: :lol:

The output window will state whether a ddx has been used when panels are launched
Nichola Wallace

HA ha, thanks. I'll keep that April Fool's tip in mind. (Probably won't, as I'm getting old and doddery.)
Nichola
Todd Broadwood

Post by Todd Broadwood »

I am experiencing same issue however cannot find the file mtf_panel_sizes.4d
Any tips as some modifier panels I wish to use simply can't be found.
Ed Wilson

Post by Ed Wilson »

mtf_panel_sizes.4d is in the working folder