Copy project folder to new location without link to the first

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Baron Collocott

Copy project folder to new location without link to the first

Post by Baron Collocott »

Hi,
I've been trying to copy an entire project from one location to another without any ties/links to the original project. I went to http://12dwiki.com.au/backup-a-12d-model-project/ and tried that but it links the two files and if I edit one then it updates the other :?

Is there a way? Pretty much like using SaveAs in word...

Thanks
Matthew Monk

Re: Copy project folder to new location without link to the first

Post by Matthew Monk »

The only things I can think of that would still be linked back to the original project would be:
  • A shortcut file (*.lnk), which is created when the project is first created (and so probably still points to the old project)- can be deleted
  • Sharing data - did you add any shared models or tins to the project before it was copied?
How are you accessing the project that it's linking/editing both?
12dwiki.com.au - Tips, tricks and tutorials for users of 12d Model

12d Synergy Support Portal and Knowledge Base
Baron Collocott

Re: Copy project folder to new location without link to the first

Post by Baron Collocott »

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply and help
  • I was unable to find the .lnk file. Had a look in the .project folder but couldn't find it there.
  • I didn't add any shared models
  • I used the copy function from the "Open a Recent Project" dialog box that first opens when loading 12d and copied it to a totally different folder. I then opened the one and edited something then closed it and opened the other. What I'd done had replicated across
Matthew Monk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:03 pm
  • A shortcut file (*.lnk), which is created when the project is first created (and so probably still points to the old project)- can be deleted
  • Sharing data - did you add any shared models or tins to the project before it was copied?
  • How are you accessing the project that it's linking/editing both?