Multi page plot with keyplan

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Michael James

Multi page plot with keyplan

Post by Michael James »

HI All

I'm using Multi page plotting (MPP) and create plan sheets using a special chapter, however using this, I am unable to create a Keyplan.

Typically using Chapter>Page>Plan Frame there is an option to provide a model where the MPP frame boundary is added, and this is added to the view used in the Keyplan. This frame boundary is then highlighted the Keyplan insert.

With the Chapter>Special Chapter Plan option, there is no option for choosing a model for the MPP frame boundary to be created so the keyplan doesn't highlight. Inspecting the MPP Frame boundary they are just a closed super string, I tried copying one, but there appears to be some link within the MPP to the MPP frame boundary.

I'm using special chapter as I am able to create frames using the "along string" macro and find them, significantly easier to manipulate than pages within a sheet. Is there any way to make a keyplan work using special chapter? Alternately a key plan sheet may work. Is there a way to easily label Plot frames, and I can add these to a sheet?
Phil Davies

Re: Multi page plot with keyplan

Post by Phil Davies »

The short answer is no to a key plan using the old plotframes.

The long answer is you can export them to a dxf, read them back in, they will now be just super strings, use the centroid option to find the middle of them, add your MSP frames to the centre of them and manually rotate each one.....

Hoping that, having written how ridiculous that is we will finally get an option to create MSP frames along a string.
Phil Davies
Spatial Data Manager
GMC Surveying
Phil.Davies@GMCSurveying.com
Michael James

Post by Michael James »

HI Phil
I'm not using old plot frames, but the "Multi Page Plot" with the "Special Chapter>Plot Frame".

Although I suspect the answer will be much the same...
Phil Davies

Post by Phil Davies »

Hi Michael,

The Special Chapter Plot Frame is using the old plotframes. You will have created them by the using the Plot frames along a string option.

There are macros floating around - we have one and I know of a couple of others, but they are typically setup to the way we use the MPSing. What we need is a generic one that can be used by all.
Phil Davies
Spatial Data Manager
GMC Surveying
Phil.Davies@GMCSurveying.com