Boxing question

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Greg Molloy

Boxing question

Post by Greg Molloy »

I am adding boxing to my rail alignment design but need to have varying depths depending on whether or not the section is in cut (500mm) or fill (1000mm). Any suggestions?
Lucien West

Post by Lucien West »

Could try designing the boxing (apply many and decisonal templates) rather than using a boxing template.
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

Hmmm....all blergh suggestions as far as I am concerned.

What about 2 AM functions- one that creates the cut strings, the other that creates the fill strings. Boxing would then only be applicable to those strings. Would be able to manage the cut/fill parts with decisions in your templates. I'd probably recommend running a X-sections from cuts through strings afterwards to get a single model of sections for plotting, though.

The two sets of strings would be in separate models, but you could probably join them again as a post-process (chainable, of course) if that's your thing.
Greg Molloy

Post by Greg Molloy »

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. Have gone with the separate apply many for the boxing using a decision template and it works just fine. Making a TIN of the separate surfaces to extract volumes - so far so good.
Michael Gunter

Post by Michael Gunter »

For V10 boxing has decisions, at the moment just string decisions, e.g if a string is present do something but tin decisions will be added, this should simplify things in your case.