Importing Data from Leica Viva controller CS15

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Mo Ramezani

Importing Data from Leica Viva controller CS15

Post by Mo Ramezani »

Hi all
I wonder how I can easily import my survey data from leica cs15 into12d. I don't exactly know which format should I export files in Viva and which data collector should be set up in 12d?
Is there any hassle free way to get ascii files and import them through FileI/O,Data input, general x y z? My problem is thatI can't get string numbers from CS15 in ascii files.
What's the best way?
Scott Grattan

Post by Scott Grattan »

The best way is to create an .FRT file in Leica Geo Office Tools.
You then use the 'Custom Export' function on the controller to export a *.FLD file from your CS15

Then in 12d you can use the [Survey > Create > Field File] function to import your survey data.
You should also have a Survey reduction Mapfile which will assign your codes to Names + Layers in 12d as well as assign linetypes/symbols.

Any bodies FRT file should work (I can send you ours if you provide email) but the Survey Mapfile would be unique to your code list and linetypes/symbols. You should have some example mapfiles in your 12d USER folder. Copy one of those into your USER_LIB folder then modify the copy there.
Mo Ramezani

Post by Mo Ramezani »

Thank u Scott
I've got plenty of .frt formats in my cs15 and i tried most of them, but 12d doesn't understand strings and leaves only points unjoined after reduction.
My email is mohsen.ramezani1979@gmail.com and appreciate ur .frt file. It might work.
Cheers mate
Marc Jaspers

Post by Marc Jaspers »

Hi, You'll need the Mapfile too to tell 12d what each of the codes you've used should be
bill billhood

sfa

Post by bill billhood »

You should also have a Survey reduction Mapfile which will assign your codes to Names + Layers in 12d as well as assign linetypes/symbols.
Pablo Candia

Re: frt for Leica CS15

Post by Pablo Candia »

Hi Scott,

It's been a while since you posted this. I was wondering if you would be able to send the frt file for the purpose of reducing raw data from CS15 (Smartworxs) to 12 fld file. Regards, Pablo
Scott Grattan wrote: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:56 am The best way is to create an .FRT file in Leica Geo Office Tools.
You then use the 'Custom Export' function on the controller to export a *.FLD file from your CS15

Then in 12d you can use the [Survey > Create > Field File] function to import your survey data.

Any bodies FRT file should work (I can send you ours if you provide email) but the Survey Mapfile would be unique to your code list and linetypes/symbols. You should have some example mapfiles in your 12d USER folder. Copy one of those into your USER_LIB folder then modify the copy there.