Super Alignment Style

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Kannan yadav

Super Alignment Style

Post by Kannan yadav »

Hi,

I have created and used a Superalignment style using

STRING>CREATE>SUPER ALIGNMENT>SUPER ALIGNMENT STYLE

in a project and If I want to use the same style in another project, what

tool should I use to export that style set.

kannan
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

When you create a new super alignment style (SA Style), there's a [Set] button and a [Write] button. The Set button will save that SA style for the current session of 12d. The Write button will save that SA style to a file, astyles.4d, for future sessions. So, you generally always want to click Set and then Write.

When you click Write, 12d will prompt you for a location of where to save the resulting file, astyles.4d. Usually, there are 4 options:
  1. Found folder - where the current astyles.4d was found. If you haven't previously customised the SA styles, it will typically be in C:\Program Files\12d\9.00\Set_ups. Otherwise, it could be in several other places.
  2. Current folder - the current project's folder. If you save it here, it will only be available to the current project.
  3. User folder - a common folder to store your customisations. The recommended place to store such customisations so that they're available for other projects. Typically, C:\12d\9.00\User .
  4. Other location - any random location. You don't use this unless you have a good reason.
Knowing all of that:
  • Did you hit the Write button?
  • If so, where did you save the file?
If you can find the file, put it in C:\12d\9.00\User (the User directory) to have it available in other projects.
Kannan yadav

Post by Kannan yadav »

Matthew,

I hit "set" and "write" to create my new SA style file as asyles.4d

I copied, renamed the file as required and put it in C:\12d\9.00\User

Now it's working. I appreciate your brief reply, Thanks.

Kannan