Autocad template file

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Duncan Brown

Autocad template file

Post by Duncan Brown »

We have recently swapped to 12d Model V10 and at the same time AutoCad 2013. The plot template files originally created by AutoCad 2012 for plotting things like drainage longsections no longer work. Is this just an issue with Acad2013 as i've seen in other posts?

We save our drawing files (.dwg not .dwt) as 2007 version because of backward compatibility with other consultants. Is there some way to use a .dwg file as a plot template?
Lucien West

Post by Lucien West »

Are you saving to dwt?
Acad will only save dwt to the current Acad version. However there is no difference in dwt vs dwg so just save as 2007 dwg and manually rename to dwt.
Duncan Brown

Post by Duncan Brown »

Yep that's what i did last time, but the file mucked up again. Possibly someone opened it and saved as they exited (the dwt). I'll do it again. Thanks.

On another note i changed the acad.amf file to plot with the correct colours, set up the default ex surface tin setting to be dashed linetype and updated the PPF to have a dashed linetype for the HGL, so I have a similar dwg file to what was previously produced when i hit plot in 12d.
kathi pearl

Post by kathi pearl »

thanks for the info............. Smile Smile