Changing all vertex ID's on a string

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Paul Wood

Changing all vertex ID's on a string

Post by Paul Wood »

Out in the field, I've as-built and stored a string line, but when I've stored, I have used the incorrect vertex ID's. Now back in the office, when I tried to change all the vertex ID's on a string, it only ever changes the vertex that I happen to click on. Is there a way to change all the vertex ID's on a string?
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

Try Utilities>Super Strings>Vertex ID

Check the box that says "Replace existing vertex IDs"
Paul Wood

Post by Paul Wood »

Thanks for that Bernard, this function is very helpful. Also, is there a way to do this, using the exact same vertex ID, without the increasing value at the end of it?
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

You have a string with multiple vertices that you want to name identically? It seems to defeat the purpose of identifying them doesn't it? What am I not understanding?

You can go through on a point by point basis and change them individually or if you do have a lot of them I would export the points as a csv file, edit the vertex ID and then read it back in.
Paul Wood

Post by Paul Wood »

If you have over 1000 points, this can get a little tedious doing them point by point. In 12d Field when you are storing a string, you have the option of calling all your string Vertex ID's the same. Now if I want to parallel that string back in the office, but with a different Vertex ID, without it incrementing, is exporting it as a csv the only option?
Bernard Daly

Post by Bernard Daly »

I don't know if it is the only way, just the first one I thought of.

I still can't figure out why you want 1000 pt IDs all the same. How do you identify a particular pt if is doesn't have a unique ID? And if you don't need to identify it, why are you worried about vertex ids? If on the other hand you are talking about a feature code for a string then you want to be looking at the string name.
reeja reeja

Post by reeja reeja »

hi guys, i need to draw 2 lines on an existing drawing by using known co-ordinates. How do I do that.?
thanks
Our fantastic offers for free 1Y0-400 dumps dumps and sas certification study prepare you well for the final bostonconservatory
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

Reeja, whenever 12d Model is asking for a position (point, line, etc.- see the status area in 12d at the bottom-left) you can usually type in coordinates by starting to type in coordinates. Hitting the spacebar first can also help. Either way should pop-up an XYZ input box where you can type in the X, Y and optionally Z values separated by space (no commas for thousands separators either). e.g. 100 200 10 (X=100, Y=200, Z=10).

ur Youtube channel has many good videos showing some of these basic operations (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9Bgm2 ... Ro&index=7 ). There's also the Help file (Help->12d Model from the 12d menus)- search for "typed input".

P.S. Are you based in the French Southern Territories? That might make you one of our most remote users :shock:
Michael Smithers

Post by Michael Smithers »

Has someone hacked the forums?

I have noticed 3 posts today with random names, comments that don't relate to the post and are located in bizarre locations..eg French Southern Territories, Uruguay etc.
Ed Wilson

Post by Ed Wilson »

:shock: so discounting the possibility that those posts are not a result of a hack?