Projectwise and 12D integration

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Dewald Groenewald

Projectwise and 12D integration

Post by Dewald Groenewald »

Does anybody have any idea of how to do this, or is it even possible? Has somebody actually tried this?
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

I believe many have tried, and the conclusion was that: Projectwise cannot easily handle software which stores its data in folders of files and sub-folders. This was one of the reasons why 12d Synergy was created. Of course, 12d Synergy can easily manage just about any data, not just 12d Model projects.
Dewald Groenewald

Thanks for that Owen, unfortunately our company does engineering projects across all disciplines and we already use Projectwise to control documents and work share with other offices. (Mostly Bentley packages, but 3rd party engineering software as well) We are trying to integrate all software packages that we are currently using into our existing Projectwise explorer
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

12d Model is not the only software package that does not fit easily into the Projectwise framework. Most products with a database in a folder structure, are in the same boat. It is surely fair to say that it is a limitation of Projectwise.

And there are existing Projectwise users who have elected to use 12d Synergy as well, to better manage the data that Projectwise struggles with.

Of course, it is entirely possible to use 12d Model with Projectwise, but it typically requires each 12d Model project to be zipped into a single file, first. It isn't much fun.
Dewald Groenewald

I agree, definitely a limitation on the ProjectWise end of the story. Thanks for your reply Mate, I'll have a look at 12D Synergy.