How to Import Frame/Title Block from ACAD DWG into 12d ?

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Kadar Kurniadi

How to Import Frame/Title Block from ACAD DWG into 12d ?

Post by Kadar Kurniadi »

Hi all,

I've problem to import Frame/Title Block from ACAD DWG into 12d ?.

So that I don't need Create new Frame/Title Block in 12d.

What I should to do this?

Thanks for before...
:)
Dylan Revell
12d Support

Post by Dylan Revell »

Hi Kadar,

Do you want to create a 12d Title File that matches you AutoCad one or do you just want to import your Autocad one into a 12d project?

12d has a slightly different way of plotting frames. We create a Title Block File (tbf) that you set up once and whenever you insert a plot frame 12d pulls the linework off this file. Our NSW distributors have a really good how to document on setting these up here link depricated

If you want the other way, a common mistake is that Autocad may have your title block information in paperspace. In the Import DWG in 12d you can select the Load paper space check box.

Cheers,

Dylan
Kadar Kurniadi

Post by Kadar Kurniadi »

Hi Dylan, :D

Thank you very much for replying, that's good tutorial for me.

But, If I had some Frame/Title Block files (that was created with AutoCAD), and I Just want to import these files into 12d project, and editing a litle...., Am I able to do this?

Thanks and regards
Kadar
:)
============================================
Dylan Revell wrote:Hi Kadar,

Do you want to create a 12d Title File that matches you AutoCad one or do you just want to import your Autocad one into a 12d project?

12d has a slightly different way of plotting frames. We create a Title Block File (tbf) that you set up once and whenever you insert a plot frame 12d pulls the linework off this file. Our NSW distributors have a really good how to document on setting these up here http://www.exds.com.au/12d_Clean_Skin/P ... tting.html

If you want the other way, a common mistake is that Autocad may have your title block information in paperspace. In the Import DWG in 12d you can select the Load paper space check box.

Cheers,

Dylan
Dylan Revell
12d Support

Post by Dylan Revell »

Hi Kadar,

Absolutely you can do it. You can import just your title block, edit it and write it to a tbf file as per the tutorial. Process is.

1.Import dwg title block
2. Move to paper coordinates i.e. 0 0 0
3. Scale to fit within paper size i.e. (A1 841w x 594h)
4. Add user text required
5. Change to suit
6. Move data to ONE model (Utilities - A-G - Change)
7. Write to tbf file (Plot - Plotting setups - Create/edit Title Block File)

Dylan
Atilio Frioni

Post by Atilio Frioni »

Dylan Revell wrote:Hi Kadar,

12d has a slightly different way of plotting frames. We create a Title Block File (tbf) that you set up once and whenever you insert a plot frame 12d pulls the linework off this file. Our NSW distributors have a really good how to document on setting these up here http://www.exds.com.au/12d_Clean_Skin/P ... tting.html

Hi Dylan,

I wonder if you can help me to obtain the document you mentioned above.
I can not get to through.
Thanks
Atilio
Cheers,

Dylan
Dylan Revell
12d Support

Post by Dylan Revell »

Hi Atilio,

Just click on the email button on my post and send me your details.

I will email it to you.

Dylan
Philip Davies

Post by Philip Davies »

I have some video's somewhere that I will dig out and post, I think they are from v6 or 7 but then very little has changed in the way it is done since then.

Now where to start searching......
Philip Davies

Post by Philip Davies »

Took me all night and I was just about to give up, but I found them.....

They are pretty old, but they tell the story very well

http://forums.12dmodel.com/downloads/Ph ... _Block.zip

P.S. 98Mb......

P.P.S EXDS link http://www.exds.com.au/Support/12dCleanSkin.aspx
kar rahahu

Post by kar rahahu »

If you want the other way, a common mistake is that Autocad may have your title block information in paperspace. In the Import DWG in 12d you can select the Load paper space check box.???
Dylan Revell
12d Support

Post by Dylan Revell »

Hi Ali,

Sorry what was your question?

DYLAN