Section View - Display Chainages

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Bill Link

Section View - Display Chainages

Post by Bill Link »

Does anyone know if it is possible to display the string chainage values in a section view? I am using the grid but it only starts at 0 and does not match the chainage.
Bill Link
Bill Link

Post by Bill Link »

To further clarify I have profiled a target string and it would be handy to have the control line chainage on the section view.
Bill Link
Graeme Winfield

Post by Graeme Winfield »

Hi Bill

I don't think that is possible, but has grounds for an Enhancement Request.

Something that may suit
+ Profile your control line.
+ Add the model of the string in question to the section view.
+ Increase the view corridor to cover the width the string is away from the control line

A similar thing can be done with LPlot using the offset string branch
Bill Link

Post by Bill Link »

Hi Graeme, that provides the chainage in the view which helps. Unfortunately I cant edit the VG of the target string when the control line is profiled so I have profiled the target string in another section view for editing.
Nice to know the tricks and limitations. Not a must have function but nice to have.
Appreciate the help.
Bill Link
Alan Gray
Site Admin

Post by Alan Gray »

The grid on a section view does display the chainage.
Bill Link

Post by Bill Link »

Hi Alan, I had a parallel string with a different chainage to my control line that I was profiling. It would have been handy to still display the control line chainage if there was a function to allow it while still being able to edit the parallel string.

Not really super important but just wanted to check if it was possible and by the sounds of Graeme's post I don't believe it is.
Bill Link