Road Templates Interval

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Chris Roy Matira

Road Templates Interval

Post by Chris Roy Matira »

hi,

I am trying to create the sections for a road model on an interval of 100 to minimize point creation.

On Apply Template Function Dialog, i have already set the Section Separation to be spaced at 100 and still it produces sections at intervals of 10. What i am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Lee Gregory
12d Support

Post by Lee Gregory »

What sort of string are you using to apply the templates to ?

If it has vertices every 10 metres then you will get sections at each vertex and hence every 10 metres.

Is it only around corners ?
If so then it will be the chord-to-arc tolerance that is causing extra sections to be created.
Chris Roy Matira

my centerline alignment string is composed of straight lines and curves. i do however understand that if it's on a curve, it will produce more sections depending on the chord-to-arc tolerance.

But, I was trying to run the template onnly on the tangent parts of the alignment only but still it would produce 10m intervals.
Chris Roy Matira

Hey lee,

i think i got it based from your reply. I never thought that the vertical geometry of the alignment would also affect the section strings creation of 12D. It has been due to the vertical geometry all along.

Thanks Lee.

Chris
Lee Gregory
12d Support

Post by Lee Gregory »

Chris,

For V8 and the super alignment, we used chord-to-arc tolerances for both horizontal and vertical geometry. It will also pick up the crest and sag points.

For more accurate modelling it was essential to look at what was happening in both the horizontal and the vertical.