Writing Trimble Road upload files

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Simon Poulton

Writing Trimble Road upload files

Post by Simon Poulton »

I am using vers 11 and 12. I have an alignment string ( for a pipeline in this case) I have produced a tin and sections but still get an error when trying to write Trimble Roads file
Lee Gregory
12d Support

Post by Lee Gregory »

Do you have the Survey module ?
paul hardwick

Post by paul hardwick »

Have you installed Trimble Link engine?
Paul Hardwick
12d Support Qld
Alan Gray
Site Admin

Post by Alan Gray »

Survey is not available in the practice version
paul hardwick

Post by paul hardwick »

I am using vers 11 and 12. I have an alignment string
I don't think Simon is using the practice version. :)
Paul Hardwick
12d Support Qld
Lee Gregory
12d Support

Post by Lee Gregory »

Simon's post was under "12d Practice - General"
paul hardwick

Post by paul hardwick »

Fair comment.
Simon should join the general 12d forum to enjoy the benefits of advice from the support staff and other users.
http://forums.12dmodel.com/profile.php? ... ff62ae91c1
Paul Hardwick
12d Support Qld
Simon Poulton

Help with trimble roads

Post by Simon Poulton »

Thanks for the interest in iproblem. I am definitely using full versions of both 11 and 12. I am using windows 10 so activesync doesn't work so back to data transfer via USB stick. But the main problem is generating the trimble roads file (.rxl) to upload to the hand controller
Simon Poulton

Post by Simon Poulton »

And I have loaded the trimble link software and
Sean McLeod

Post by Sean McLeod »

Need to know where it is failing but a couple of quick things.

The problem with windows 10 is Windows stopped supporting Windows Mobile Device Center. Trimble does have a Support Note dated 2 June 17 with several suggested work arounds, nothing easy at the moment, hassle your Trimble supplier....

In 12d

Use Survey>trimble>trimble link roads

Tick upload directly to trimble device (requires you to have a "data to desktop" or similar setup data file in trimble link)

Tick Use legacy DC format

Wont work if two points have the HZ coordinates so cant have a vertical step in the SA or in the sections or between the sections.
Always have at least 1mm between any strings on the sections ie use and between sections themselves, 12d default for extra start extra end sections is 0.0001 change this to 0.001 in your env.4d file and if the MTF is created already then edit and under setting>extra start/end value check it is at least 0.001 and change if 0.0001.

It is pretty finicky the first time so if this doesn't work post the errors in the output window and someone may be able to give more help.

As Paul suggested join the main forum there are a few posts on Trimble data transfer
Alan Gray
Site Admin

Post by Alan Gray »

Can you list the error or a picture of the panel in question? Without knowing the error, we are probably just guessing.
Phil Davies

Post by Phil Davies »

Nothing to do with your Trimble writing roads issue,

But here is the fix for Windows 10 and Windows Device Manager

http://helpdesk.p1it.com.au/support/sol ... ice-centre

You can ignore the steps, they were just in-house testing, and just run the WMDC-Helper file. Click on the Juniper Systems link to get more information.

I have run this on more than 50 PC's in the office after Windows 10 had a recent update that killed the connecting to the TCS3. It worked perfectly after that.