Export Pipe Attributes with IFC file

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Jacob Ostwald

Export Pipe Attributes with IFC file

Post by Jacob Ostwald »

Hi all,

I'm currently working with both 12d and Navisworks, and I currently export pipes with attributes information attached to these pipes in an IFC format to Navisworks.

The issue is that I'd like to see these same attributes in the Navisworks model however I can't seem to make it work.

Has anyone has success with this?

Jacob
Scott Baldwin

Post by Scott Baldwin »

I don't actually work personally with Navisworks, but I do send IFC files to it regularly. So please forgive my lack of technical jargon.

My understanding is that when you click on an element and then use the properties button it doesn't actually show anything. However, if you use your selection tree toolbar to go up one, sometimes two, levels you will find a property called IFCCOMPLEXPROPERTY which holds your custom attributes. You will probably also find a tab labeled 12d Model which will hold the global ID number.
Wong Richard

Post by Wong Richard »

Hi Jacob, did you manage to find a way to have 12D attributes come through on the Navisworks geometry? Something I'm still struggling to find a solution to.

Scott's suggestion works with finding a non-geometric item above the geometry within the selection tree which houses the required attributes but it would be better if the attributes were attached to the geometry itself.