Highlight Model Name

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Maria Debs

Highlight Model Name

Post by Maria Debs »

Hi guys

Anyone knows how to highlight a model name to make adding it to a view easier?
MARIA~~~
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

Do you mean highlight the elements in a model? Only way I can think of, is to use the Filter mode on any panel with a Source Box (e.g. Utilities->A-G->Change), select the Model then click the Filter button. That should highlight the relevant elements.

Come to think of it, that could probably be a fairly useful macro.
Maria Debs

Post by Maria Debs »

Thanks for the reply, sorry for not making my question clear enough.

I have for example 10 Models for design tins, I need one of them (the most recent one for eg.) to be highlighted, so when I add the model to any view, it would be easier to locate the above mentioned model instead of searching for the model's name.

A good example is shared models, they appear as below:
tin Design
tin Design Roads
tin Design Updated

What I need is below example, where I choose a model to highlight.

tin Design
tin Design Roads
tin Design Updated
MARIA~~~
Sean McLeod

Post by Sean McLeod »

I believe the model name colour shown is from the shared models, either in or out. I don't believe you can colour any particular model name.

Either use a naming convention. ie add a or 1 to the start of the model name and it will appear first in the list.

or use favorites in V12 or v14
Warren Uys

Post by Warren Uys »

In v12 and v14 you can also type "Roads" in the top cell of the add models to only display models with "Roads" in its name. Are you using the practice version of 12d model?

'Other than that, a good naming convention is golden. one comment on your example is to avoid names that would confuse someone who hasn't used the model before. So use descriptive names for example what is "tin Design" showing/representing? Should it be "tin Design Paths"?

Also avoid using "Updated" because what happens if there is another "Update". I would use "Op2" (Option 2) and rename the old tin/model to use option 1.

An example of my naming is "tin DS RD 02" (Design tin of road 02), and "tin ST DS RD" (Supertin of design tins for all roads). It allows me to relate what I want to add to a name so I don't have to remember what I named it. I recommend that if you keep adding the incorrect model, rename the model and tin so it makes sense, it is 100% worth the effort.