Plotting Water Network Attributes on Long Sections

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Darcy Richardson

Plotting Water Network Attributes on Long Sections

Post by Darcy Richardson »

I'm having a bit of trouble getting our user mapped attributes on water network strings to plot on a long section as service crossing labels.

We are plotting a long section along a super alignment, and at each crossing with another service, we’re using Cuts to plot a label stating the type and diameter of service (using Diameter and the prefix option), the invert level (using Height), and then the Asset ID (using Labels), which has been mapped as an attribute to each service.

There’s no trouble when crossing another super alignment, as the Asset ID attribute (created/applied by us) that we’re looking for has been placed at the top of the attribute tree.

For water networks though, we have applied separate attributes to the pits and pipes tabs (Vertex/Segment) within the water network string attributes to identify each. When the long section crosses a water network string, it isn’t able to find the attributes it’s looking for in the Pipe (Segment) tab of the Attribute viewer. I have tried to get it to map to the Pipe tab instead of the String top menu, without much success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Darcy Richardson on Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen Thornton

Re: Plotting Water Network Attributes on Long Sections

Post by Owen Thornton »

For the segment/pipe attributes, try this mode (and don't specify a "Pipe/" prefix in the attribute name):

cut_segment.png
cut_segment.png (65.7 KiB) Viewed 3620 times
Darcy Richardson

Re: Plotting Water Network Attributes on Long Sections

Post by Darcy Richardson »

Hi Owen,

I can't believe I've never seen that option in there, sitting in plain sight.

Thanks, worked like a charm.