3 Pipes flowing into manhole

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Brett Robinson

3 Pipes flowing into manhole

Post by Brett Robinson »

Good morning all,

I'm trying to model in (12d Version 11) three pipes going into one manhole and when trying to run a storm analysis I'm getting an error mentioning that it isn't a unique pit name for that particular manhole.

The two pits in the error message (both the same name) mentioned have the exact same x and y and pit type. When I try to change the name of one of the 'manholes' stacked onto each other the other man hole changes with it.

Not sure how to proceed, does anyone have another idea I could try?

Cheers,
Brett
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

V11 is getting a bit long in the tooth ... assuming you have a license under maintenance, please send a 12daz of the drainage model to "support at 12d dot com" and we'll have a look. Please also mention the pit name.

I suspect there is a string or flow direction mismatch, but can't be sure without seeing it.
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

Brett, I think I have found the issue. I have emailed you a reply.

Cheers,
Owen.
Victor Wong

Re: 3 Pipes flowing into manhole

Post by Victor Wong »

Hi Owen

I have the same issue where I have a junction pit with 1 inlet pipe and 2 outlet pipes. I can't run the drainage analysis. The error 'non-unique pit name' keeps coming up. What is the solution here?

Thanks
Victor
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

Hi Victor, that would be a different issue (diverging/bifurcating pipe flows). A solution is described in this other topic:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11673

(Note that you don't need to do this with the dynamic analysis, where the hydraulics are automatically balanced.)
Victor Wong

Post by Victor Wong »

Thanks Owen. Great info.
Victor