12D Traverse file format

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Grant Nicklin

12D Traverse file format

Post by Grant Nicklin »

Can anybody tell me where I can find the ASCII format for the 12D traverse file? We are know to know if anyone has a procedure to get Civilcad/NZ Traverse data into 12D without having to manually type it all in!
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

Which option (i.e. menu) inside 12d are you referring to re: the 12d traverse file?

12d Model has the ability to import CivilCad as5 and asc files (via the CivilCad I/O module) and already has quite extensive support for NZ surveying, including the Land Online stuff.

I'm also sure one of the NZ 12d guys will be able to chip in with some more detailed info.
Grant Nicklin

12D traverse file format

Post by Grant Nicklin »

As far as we can tell, 12D has no facility to import a Civilcad NZ traverse file. It can import XYZ data as csv files, we know about that, but what we want is the traverse bearings and distance inputs rather than coordinates.

There is a 12D traverse file format somewhere which I cant locate.
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

Do you have a sample of the CivilCad NZ Traverse file? If it's a documented format or easy enough to understand from reading the file, it may be possible to support it (no promises, though). Otherwise, I don't like your chances.
Grant Nicklin

Post by Grant Nicklin »

NZ Traverse file is not documented as far as I know. It is a binary file and cant be sensibly read.
Matthew Monk

Post by Matthew Monk »

:? Hmmm...makes it hard to support reading it then. Not sure if any other CivilCad/NZ users have any workarounds or other suggestions.

Get in touch with Lane or Dylan from 12d NZ and see if they can help.

http://12d.com/support/NewZealand.php