12d colour number and name for plotting

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Nichola Wallace

12d colour number and name for plotting

Post by Nichola Wallace »

Hi,
When plotting I've been using acadplot.amf file with this line
529 * GN-LINE-0018-CENT ByLayer ByLayer * * // h-dark-blue

It has been working fine up until recently but now the h-dark-blue colour doesn't become our acad layer. Rather than having to change all our plot files is there a 12d file which lists the 12d colour and its corresponding number so that I can get it right in my acadplot.amf file?
Nichola
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

Colour number 529 is still defined in $SET_UPS/colours.4d, but maybe you are using a different colours.4d file.

The file you are using is listed in the Output Window on start up of 12d. All the colours and their numbers are listed in this file. You can look at them all in 12d via any colour-box ... bring up the Select Colour list and then select [Edit].

But the way you are mapping colour number 529 in your AMF, it should plot into layer "GN-LINE-0018-CENT". If you are also using a DWT template file (seed file) with this AMF, and the DWT has this layer defined with a "bylayer" Acad colour, it will plot to the DWG in the "bylayer" colour.
Nichola Wallace

Thanks, that worked.
My other issue with plotting is with a seed dwt. Whenever I use one it says it's invalid. Is there a way of making it valid?
Nichola
Joel Allsop

Post by Joel Allsop »

Most likely due to the DWT version.... In acad, when you SaveAs a DWT it saves it in the current version, which is probably not 12d friendly.

So, open your DWT in acad and save it as a DWG2010 file (2012 may also work). Then in Windows Explorer, change the file extension to DWT.
Nichola Wallace

thanks, I thought that may have been the case but I couldn't save a dwt as an earlier version.
Nichola