Pipe Strings Export

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Dominic Phillips

Pipe Strings Export

Post by Dominic Phillips »

Hoping someone can help, I have created a large 3d pipe network using Pipe Strings with diameters for each pipe. I need to export this network to DWG, or any export really that shows the Pipe diameter. It only exports them as polylines and does not show the diameter attribute anywhere. Is there a way to export them with a diameter attribute?
Owen Thornton

Re: Pipe Strings Export

Post by Owen Thornton »

Are they really (deprecated) Pipe strings, or Super string conduits? You may want to convert them to Super strings.

Into what package are you trying to get the data into?

Does the data in 12d already have a diameter attribute? The diameter is set as a property of the strings in 12d and will not also be set as an attribute unless you deliberately set the attribute, such as via the Classify Conduits option.
Dominic Phillips

Post by Dominic Phillips »

Thanks for the fast response! They are created as pipe strings using Create Pipe String tool, not super string conduits.
They all have their own diameters so show as correct size pipes in 3d View.
I'm trying to get the data into CAD or GIS as an end product. DWG export or LandXML all fail to show diameter just a polyline
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

Assuming you have the license to export to MapInfo, or Arc, I would go that route, but only after running Classify Conduit Strings, which will set the diameters as string attributes.