Drainage PPF Cuts Stagger not working

Any questions regarding the practice version are asked and answered here.
Ian Harvey

Drainage PPF Cuts Stagger not working

Post by Ian Harvey »

Hi all,

Currently, the drainage PPF shows an option under 'Cuts' to allow the 'Position' to be 'above top of boxes staggered'.
However when selecting this option, it just doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing here? Above top of boxes works fine.
Alternatively, if this is a bug who do I flag it with?

cheers
Owen Thornton

Re: Drainage PPF Cuts Stagger not working

Post by Owen Thornton »

You are not missing anything. It currently doesn't work. There is a wish in the system to make it work, but it is quite a big, complicated wish, because the Water Long Section PPF already has staggered uprights for corridor services, controlled via the Chainages/Uprights=>Services branch.
Ian Harvey

Post by Ian Harvey »

Thanks Owen, unfortunately the Chainages/Uprights =>Services branch does not allow for the fine tuning that cuts allows for.
ie. I would like to see surface level & depth to invert where the crossing occurs staggered correctly with the invert level of the main in the boxes.
perhaps in Version r.
Owen Thornton

Post by Owen Thornton »

I suspect it would be easier to add finished (& existing) surface levels and depth to invert (of main, not crossing service) as options on the Chainages/Uprights=>Services branch. I could submit a wish for that, if you prefer. I have never seen these two extra values shown at crossing services, on any example plot before, nor have they been requested before, as far as I know. Can you tell us which authority is asking for this?

The main reason that the Cuts Position mode "above top of boxes staggered" has only been implemented in the ordinary long and cross-section plots, is that service uprights and node uprights are quite distinct and different things in the Water Long Section plot.

I'm afraid I can't provide a time frame for either request, but I am virtually certain that neither could be done for 15C1r, sorry.